Day 2 of the #blogeverydayinmay challenge is to educate readers on something you I know alot about or are good at.
I told y’all before I make a mean grilled cheese; so let me tell you how (though I am sure you already know).
Things you will need:
[I love sourdough, but you can use whatever you like; wheat, French, Italian, rye and cinnamon-raisin are some good choices. The bread is an important part of the sandwich, so make it good.]
[Make sure to use (unsalted) butter (it just tastes the best) at room temperature. If you keep your butter in the fridge like I do, heat up a small amount in the microwave for 10-15 seconds.]
[Provolone, cheddar, mozzarella, brie, pepper jack, whatever. But if your slicing the cheese yourself from a block, make sure the slices are thin]
Any additional filling – I used turkey and avocado
[Ham, chicken breast, sprouts, roasted peppers, apples, pears, get creative but don’t over do it.]
Ok, so now the cooking….
- Heat your pan to medium heat.
- Butter both sides of one piece of bread. If I want to get fancy, I will spread mustard or jam on the inside of the sandwich and butter on the outside. Yum!
- Place a slice or slices of cheese on your bread.
- On top of the cheese, layer your fillings. I used deli turkey breast and thinly sliced avocado (about ¼ of an avocado).
- Top your fillings with another slice or slices of cheese.
- Butter both sides of your last piece of bread and place on the top of the sandwich.
- Use your spatula to move the sandwich to the pan and cook for 5-7 minutes. Be sure to watch the food so it doesn’t burn.
- Flip your sandwich and cook for another 5 minutes (I like to use the spatula to smash the sandwich down a bit).
That’s it! So easy. So delicious.