30 x 30 Remix Challenge
I am sure we all have a tendency to to buy things that we are convinced are NEEDED but they end up in the closet or in the draw to never be seen again. This is exactly one of the reasons why I wanted to do a remix challenge. I am so happy that I followed through and FINISHED the challenge because I ended up learning a lot.
Here are some of my takeaways after my first 30 x 30 remix challenge:
1. There are pieces of clothing in the challenge that I’m not entirely comfortable with. Specifically, the long sleeve white T from Stylemint.
Although the fabric is very nice, I don’t think it’s very flattering on me and I only like it when it was layered underneath something. So I think this might go in the donation pile.
2. Pieces that have been neglected, I ended up loving! Particularly, the white blazer and the gray midi skirt became favorites of mine.
3. Accessories are an important part of this challenge. This is especially true if the clothing is basic.
4. Beware! I did this challenge during a seasonal transition, from winter to spring. The weather is funny in DC and somedays were really warm and some were really cold. But by the end of the challenge, there was no need for heavy sweaters, like the ombre one…
or the gray, sleeveless cowl neck one (I can’t believe how warm this sweater is)…
or knee high boots.
5. Next time, I will not include black and white T’s. They are just TOO basic and obviously go with anything.
As I have said before, I think that I will do this challenge again this summer because I think it will be a beneficial aid for helping me pack. I’m planning to take a 2 week trip abroad in August, and finding out what I can remix, I hope, will make me a ligher packer.
P.S. Click below to keep up with me on Facebook and make sure to ‘Like’.