I am so happy to announce that I have been nominated for the Liebster Blog Award! Your probably thinking, “That’s great but what is a Liebster Award?”
Well…the Liebster Award is bestowed to up and coming bloggers with less than 200 followers. There are no judges and each person nominated is a winner! It is an award that fellow bloggers nominate to each other to offer recognition and support. According to Google translate, Liebster means ‘dearest’ in German. This means that the Liebster blog award is acknowledging the dearest bloggers out there who may not have millions and trillions of followers, but still deserve recognition for all of their hard work.
I was nominated by the lovely K-jay from styluxbykjay.wordpress.com (check her out! She has some sassy style). I have to say thank you to K-Jay for her ongoing support and her inspiring style. We’re both busy students with style who love to blog and I admire her dedication to her family.
Here are the Liebster Award Rules:
- List 11 random or interesting facts about yourself.
- Answer 11 questions from the blogger who nominated you.
- Nominate 11 bloggers who have less than 200 followers.
- Ask 11 new questions to the bloggers you have nominated.
- Notify the bloggers you have nominated that they have been awarded the Liebster Award.
- Thank the blogger who nominated you (Again, THANK YOU K-Jay!).
Here are 11 facts about myself:
- I am a native Washingtonian.
- I’m a Gemini.
- I’m an only child. So that means I will never be an auntie. 😦
- My parents had a pact about my name before I was born. The pact was if they had a boy, my dad would name me (Morgan) and if they had a girl, my mom would name me (Megan). Somehow my dad still won.
- I studied abroad TWICE while in college. I spent a semester in London and Vietnam.
- One place that I have always wanted to visit is Africa. One day, I will get there.
- I make a MEAN grilled cheese. I love mixing up different combinations. My favorite is probably sourdough bread, mozzarella cheese, bacon, tomato and pesto. This pear & brie one looks yummy as well:
- My most exciting celebrity sighting was meeting Lil’ Wayne in the elevator at Hotel Helix.
- My favorite artists are Henri Matisse, Vincent Van Gogh and William H. Johnson.
- I’m a museum nerd. For every new city that I have visited, I try to fit in a day to wander the museums, absorb the history and admire the art.
- I’m afraid of heights, but test my fear on roller coasters (and others high places).
- Favorite Candy? Almond Snickers
- Point, peep toe, or rounded pump? Pointy toe pumps please (maybe round toe too but peep toes usually crunch my wide feet).
- Celebrity whose style you find inspiring? Solange Knowles.
- LA or NYC? NYC – I’m an East coast girl at heart
- How do you come up with your blog posts? So far my blog post have been style challenges. They allow me to be creative with my wardrobe.
- Team iPhone or Android? Team iPhone.
- If you could be a guest blogger for any magazine, what magazine would it be? LUCKY! It is one of my favorite fashion magazines.
- Your stranded on an island, what 3 things would you miss the most? No people, things. Pillows, Lip balm, & Air conditioning.
- If you work, does it have anything to do with fashion? No, my job is in public relations
- Favorite subject in school? History, I love how history tells a story.
- Dunkin Donuts or Starbucks? Hmm….Starbucks, there are just WAY more of them in DC *shrug*
NOW I am nominating 11 wonderful bloggers:
Here are the 11 questions I am asking to the bloggers that I nominated:
- What made you to start a blog?
- Name three blogs that you love to read.
- Which celebrity’s style do you admire the most?
- Which fashion trend do you dislike the most?
- Which fashion trends are you most interested in trying?
- Name two of your favorite places to shop.
- If you weren’t a fashion/style blogger, what other topics would you blog about?
- What is your favorite dish to make?
- Which movie do you enjoy for fashion inspiration?
- What is your best fashion advice for someone trying to redefine his or her style on a budget?
- What is your best advice to newbie bloggers?
I hope that I didn’t present the Liebster award to a blog who has already been honored with one. I am looking forward to learning more about your style and inspiration as well as find some fabulous new blogs to follow and tips for enhancing my style and blogging.
Let me get back to work and stop procrastinating. Enjoy the rest of your weekend!